Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Lasagna


This is one of my all-time favorite lasagna recipes. We haven't made it in a while but today while going through the "junk drawer" I found the paper I had written this recipe down on. I know I found this online a couple years ago but I can't find where it was at. Just my luck. I think I won't forget something and I do. lol!
I decided before I lose the paper, I need to post the recipe. I don't have a picture of it right now since I haven't made it in a while, but I will make it soon and will update this post with a picture of it.
It is so easy to do and is so delicious. I am sure you will love it!

Lasagna

Serves 8

Ingredients:

2 TBS Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 Small Yellow Onion, diced
1-1/2 LB Ground Beef
1 LB Ricotta Cheese
2 Large Eggs, beaten lightly
5 Cups Marinara Sauce (We used our Homemade Italian Marinara Sauce, if you want to ours, click here for recipe)
4 Cups Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
1 Cup Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese
1 LB Lasagna Noodles

Directions:

1.  Preheat oven to 375°F.
2.  Heat olive oil in a medium sauce pan over a medium heat. Add onion and cook until translucent (about 5 minutes).
3.  Add ground beef and brown (about 10 minutes). Drain excess fat.
4.  In a large bowl, stir ricotta cheese & eggs until well blended.
5.  Fill a large pot with water and add salt to it. Bring it to a boil. In batches add the lasagna noodles (about 3 at a time) to the boiling water and cook until just under al dente. Using a slotted spoon, remove the noodles from the pot, rinse under cold water to stop the cooking and spread out on clean kitchen towels.
6.  Using a 13x9 Inch glass baking dish spread 1 cup marinara sauce over bottom, making sure it covers the entire bottom of the glass baking dish (this will help avoid sticking of the noodles).
7.  Cover with a layer of 3 to 4 lasagna noodles, overlapping slightly to fit.
Spread 1/3 of the ricotta mixture on the noodles, top that with 1/3 of the cooked ground beef.      Sprinkle 1 cup of the mozzarella over the ground beef. Top with 1 cup of the marinara sauce and sprinkle 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese and top with a layer of lasagna noodles. Repeat this 2 more times.
Cover the final layer of lasagna noodles with the remaining marinara sauce and sprinkle remaining cup of mozzarella on top.
8.  Cover baking dish with aluminum foil, place in oven and cook for 60 minutes.
9.  After 60 minutes, remove foil and continue cooking until cheese is melted (about 5-7 minutes).
10. Remove from oven and let sit 15 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment