We got some round food stackers called Creo Stax. We wanted to give them a try so we decided to try them with salad. They are large in width and fairly tall so we decided to try a chef like salad. It was delicious. Even those who do not like Blue Cheese dressing really liked this a lot.
1 LB Chicken, cooked and shredded
6 Strips Bacon, cooked, drained and crumbled
1 Cup Mayonnaise
1 Cup Sour Cream
Salt & Pepper
4 Oz Blue Cheese Crumbles
3 Ripe Tomatoes, diced
2 Avocados, diced
Directions for Blue Cheese Dressing
1. Add the mayonnaise and the Sour Cream together and mix. Add the blue cheese crumbles and mix. Add a couple splashes of Worcestershire Sauce and stir. Add salt and pepper to taste.
2. Cover with saran wrap and place in fridge for 1 hour (or more).
Directions for Salad.
1. Place your stacker on your plate (We do not use the base, just the round part and it was easier this way to take off without tumbling over the stack when taking off the rings)
2. Chop the romaine into small pieces.
3. Chop the tomatoes into small pieces
4. Take some of the romaine lettuce and mix in some of the dressing and place that in the bottom of the stacker. Make sure to use enough so it's rather thick (or high) and using the tamper that comes with the stack, tamp it down (but not super hard, just enough that it will make a solid base)
5. Take some tomatoes and add to the stacker so they are kind of thick as well. Place some bacon crumbles on top and using the tamper, tamp down again like you did above.
6. Mix some dressing in with the shredded chicken and make a thick layer of the chicken in the stacker and tamp down again.
7. Add a layer of avocado and some more of the lettuce, dressing mix and tamp down again.
8. Top with some tomatoes and bacon
9. Carefully take off the stacker by opening the sides and carefully pulling away from salad.
10. Drizzle some blue cheese dressing on the top and sprinkle some salt and pepper to taste, if desired.
There are so many possibilities with this stacker. The only thing I wasn't pleased with was the size. It was so much larger than I thought. I would have rather had a smaller one so I could have made a side salad, or potatoes, etc in it. But it still is an amazing tool to have in your kitchen and I am pleased with the results and with the product!