Cajun Roasted Pork
2-3 LB Pork Roast
2 TBS Butter
1/2 TSP Cayenne Pepper
1 TSP Oregano (dried)
1/2 TSP Black Pepper
1/2 TSP Thyme (dried)
1 TSP Minced Garlic (I buy the jars that are by the veggies in the supermarkets)
Salt & Pepper to taste
1-1/2 TBS Olive Oil
Carrots (amount is up to you)
1 Large Onion, quartered
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
2. Add olive oil to a roasting pan and put in oven while you're preparing spices and meat
3. In small skillet (we used the CopperChef small skillet) melt butter. Stir in the cayenne, oregano, thyme and garlic. Cook for 1 minute.
4. Using a knife make several slits in your roast. Using a spatula push the spice mixture inside the slits and all over the top and sides of the roast. Sprinkle roast with salt and pepper.
5. Carefully take your roasting pan out and put the roast in it. Take your onions and place them on top and sides of the meat.
6. Cook in your oven for 1 Hr and 45 Min. When it is done, turn your oven to 425 degrees F and continue cooking for 15 more minutes to brown your roast.
7. Take your roast out and cover with tin foil and let it rest 10 minutes before slicing.
NOTE: We did make gravy out of the drippings but it was so spicy because of all the spices used on the roast that I wouldn't suggest making it, unless you're someone who loves very spicy gravy.
Roasted Carrots (Used the NuWave Oven)
Put your NuWave 3" rack in.
Put tinfoil over the rack
Sprinkle olive oil over the tinfoil and place carrots (do not stack) on the rack. Add onions over the carrots and to sides of carrots. Drizzle more olive oil over them. Season with dried oregano.
Cook 325 degrees F for 20 minutes.