Bacon Cheeseburger Soup
10 Small Potatoes, peeled and diced to bite size pieces
1 TBS Vegetable Oil
1 Large Onion, diced finely
2 Cups Carrots, diced finely
2 Cups Celery, diced finely
2 TSP Fresh Basil, diced finely
2 TSP Fresh Parsley, diced finely
6 Cups Chicken Broth
2 LBS Ground Beef
6 TBS Butter, melted
1 Cup All Purpose Flour
3 Cups Whole Milk
1 Cup Heavy Cream
2 TSP Salt
2 TSP Fresh Ground Black Pepper
5 Cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese
1 LB Bacon, diced finely
Bacon, crumbled (for garnish)
Green Onions, diced finely (for garnish)
1. Turn your pressure cooker to sauté (ours doesn't have that setting so we use the meat setting). Put your vegetable oil in and add onions, bacon and ground beef, and cook until beef is browned. When done, drain grease and return the onions, bacon and ground beef to the pressure cooker.
2. Add carrots, celery, basil, parsley and chicken broth. Secure lid and close pressure valve. Turn your pressure cooker to the meat setting for 15 minutes and let it run through its cycle. When it is done, do not do a quick release. Let it do a natural release (leave pressure steam vent closed and don't do anything for 10 minutes) after 10 minutes release any remaining pressure and carefully take off lid.
3. In separate bowl add milk, melted butter and flour. Whisk until well blended.
4. Turn your pressure cooker to the meat setting. Add the milk, flour, butter mixture, stirring until well blended into your meat mixture.
5. Add your cheese and heavy cream and stir until cheese is melted.
Serve with and green onions and bacon as garnish if desired.