Quiche in the Pressure Cooker
1 Small Onion, diced finely
6 OZ Cream Cheese, softened
1 TBS Water
1/2 LB bacon, cooked, drained and crumpled or diced finely
1-1/2 Cup shredded Cheddar Cheese
1/4 TSP Salt
1/4 TSP Black Pepper
1 Roma Tomato, diced finely
2-1/2 Cups water
1. In frying pan, add diced bacon and cook bacon. During the last couple minutes before your bacon is done, add your onions and finish cooking until bacon is cooked.
2. Turn PC on to the meat setting for 40 minutes (this is what we had to use because of the depth & size of the pan) Add water to the PC.
3. Place the rack in the pc so that the handles are up (so you can use them to pick the rack holding the quiche). the rack will sit in the water.
4. Soften cream cheese in microwave for about 35 seconds. Use a fork and beat until smooth.
5. Add eggs and water and beat together using a fork (doesn't matter that lumps will be there from the cream cheese since they will melt when cooking).
6. Add salt, pepper and tomatoes to your egg mixture and stir to combine.
7. in your pans you are using for the quiche, place both the onion and bacon mixture. Pour egg mixture over the bacon until almost filled (leave about 1" from top).
8. Secure tinfoil over the quiche pan and place the quiche pan in the pot so it sits on the rack on top of the water.
9. Secure lid and let it run its cycle.
10. When it is done, release pressure and carefully remove lid.
Serve with extra shredded cheese and chives (optional)