Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Cream Cheese Chicken

I found this recipe online. I changed it a bit to work in the PC. And I also decided rather than to use the condensed cream of chicken soup I would make my own from scratch. I do like the results. It was good. I don't think it matters if you use homemade or your own cream of chicken soup. I just wanted to try one I had found online. I hope you like this recipe. We are going to make it again.


Cream Cheese Chicken

Ingredients:

4 LBS Chicken Thighs
2 TBS Butter
1 Pkg Italian Salad Dressing Mix
1 Cup Chicken Broth
1 Small Onion, diced fine
1 Garlic clove, diced fine
1 can Cream of Chicken Soup (We used a homemade version. I will post it soon)
8 OZ Cream Cheese
1 Cup Chicken Broth

Directions:

1. Turn pressure cooker to sauté (we don't have sauté on ours so we used the meat setting). Add butter and melt. Add onions and garlic and sauté until onion is translucent (about 5 minutes)

2. Add chicken broth & chicken. Sprinkle Italian salad dressing mix over the chicken.

3. Secure lid and seal steam valve and cook for 30 minutes on high (we use the meat setting for this).

4. When done, release steam and carefully remove lid. Remove chicken and set aside.

5. Turn your pressure cooker to the meat setting again (time doesn't matter because you won't put lid on right now). Add cream cheese, cream of chicken soup and chicken broth. Stir until smooth. Place your chicken back in pressure cooker and let cook for about 10 minutes.

Serve over pasta.

I'm sorry I don't have a picture of this. For some reason my camera would not work. I will post them next time we make it.




No comments:

Post a Comment