2 LBS Ground Beef (do not use too lean of a meat or it won't stick together)
1/2 Cup Italian Bread Crumbs (prior to using these, soak the bread crumbs in a little milk, just enough to barely cover them, for about 5 minutes)
1/4 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
1/3 Cup Finely Minced Yellow Onion
1 Large Egg, beaten
1 TBS Minced Garlic
2 TSP Worcestershire Sauce
1/2 TSP Thyme
1 TSP Salt
1/2 TSP Pepper
1 TBS Vegetable Oil
1 Yellow Onion, diced
1 Cup Ketchup
1/2 Cup Beef Broth
1. Drain the milk off the bread crumbs and set bread crumbs aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine ground beef, bread crumbs, Parmesan Cheese, 1/3 Cup finely minced onion, egg, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, thyme, salt and pepper.
3. Using your hands mix everything together until well blended.
4. Form the mixture into a round or oblong loaf (small enough to fit inside your pressure cooker).
5. Turn your pressure cooker to high (we don't have high so we turn it to the meat setting at 15. Add your vegetable oil and diced onion and sauté until translucent (about 5 minutes)
6 Add your ketchup and beef stock to the pressure cooker and stir to combine
7. Place your meat loaf in the pot. Secure lid and turn to meat for 15 and let cook.
8. When done, do a natural release (that is, do not open the pressure valve, just let sit until steam releases by itself) When it is released carefully remove lid.
Serve with the juices.
Not a great picture but wanted to show what the whole thing looked like.