Bone in Short Ribs
4 LBS large beef short ribs
2 TBS Vegetable Oil
1/2 LB Bacon, diced, finely
1Large Onion, diced finely
3 Garlic Cloves, diced finely
1/2 Cup Apple Juice
1 Cup Beef Broth
2 TBS Tomato Paste
1 1/2 Cups Barbecue Sauce (Any you like. We used Jack Daniels Barbecue Sauce)
2 TBS Cornstarch
2 TBS Water
1. Season Ribs with salt and pepper.
2. Turn pressure cooker to sauté (we don't have that setting so we turn ours to the meat setting). Add oil . When oil is hot, brown the ribs in small batches and when done, remove to a plate.
3. Add bacon, garlic and onion to pressure cooker and cook until bacon is brown & crisp.
4. Add the apple juice, barbecue sauce, beef broth, tomato paste, and ribs to pressure cooker, cover and secure lid in place. Cook on high for 40 minutes.
5. When it is done, let it do a natural release (do not open the steam valve). After 10 minutes you can open the steam valve and release any remaining pressure. Carefully remove lid.
6. Remove ribs, cover and set aside
7. Turn your pressure cooker back to sauté (or to the meat setting) In a small bowl, whisk cornstarch and water. Add to juices in pressure cooker, stirring constantly until juices thicken.
8. Add ribs and stir to coat with the sauce.
I am sorry the picture is a little blurry. It is kind of hard taking a picture with a cute lil 6 year old trying to get you to look at a drawing he has made. lol!