While at the cabin (which is in the middle of being built) we decided to make steak. We don't have a stove in yet so we have to use any other methods we can think of. We do, however, have a NuWave Oven there. Good thing about counter top gadgets, right? So we made a steak with seasoned potatoes and finally steamed asparagus with parmesan cheese (except and please don't gasp in horror... We did the asparagus in the microwave because some people - not me - only will eat steamed vegetables. I will tell you a trick on steaming veggies in the microwave here too) We also used some grape tomatoes with salt for a splash of color.
1. Rub olive oil over your steak (all over)
2. Season with Montreal Seasoning to taste (you can find this in your grocery store in the spice aisle)
3. Season with pepper and salt to taste.
Use the rack on 3" and set at 350 Degrees (F) for 10 minutes. Once 10 minutes is up, flip and cook on other side for 10 minutes.
Potatoes (they can be cooked at same time as steak
1. Place tinfoil on 3" rack.
2. Slice potatoes as thin as you like (here everyone likes thinner potatoes so I tried to cut them as thin as possible... but everyone has their own tastes).
3. Place potatoes in NuWave on the tinfoil (spread them out so they are not overlapping as much as possible.
4. Drizzle olive oil over the potatoes
5. Season with seasonings of your choice. We used some Montreal Seasoning, salt, pepper and a few dried chives
6. Cook for 10 Minutes at 350 Degrees (F). When done, use a spatula and flip over and cook on other side for 10 more minutes.
1. Place asparagus on a large enough plate that here is room on one side for a microwave safe cup. Do not use any liquid on your asparagus
2. Fill a microwave safe glass with water (about 3/4 full) and place it on plate with asparagus
3. Cook on high for about 5 minutes (or until it's cooked to your tastes)
4. Drizzle olive oil over your asparagus and sprinkle seasoning of your choice and some parmesan cheese over asparagus. We used some dried chives and dried parsley)
5. Cook on high (with glass of water still on plate) on high for 30 seconds or a minute. Checking to make sure the cheese has melted and it's cooked to your tastes.
We placed the asparagus on the bottom and put the steak on top of it with the potatoes to the side merely for plating. We also threw some grape tomatoes on there for a splash of color. You don't have to do this to make it taste any better. We were just trying for a plating technique.