Creamy Tomato Soup for the Pressure Cooker
3 TBS butter
1 small onion diced
8-10 Roma tomatoes diced
28 OZ Tomato Sauce
4 Cups Chicken Broth
1/2 TSP Italian Seasoning
1 TBS Olive Oil
1 TSP Chopped Garlic
3 Basil Leafs chopped
1 Cup Heavy Cream
Salt & Pepper (to taste)
6 Strips cooked bacon, crumpled (for garnish)
Parmesan Cheese (for garnish)
1. Turn PC on to high and melt butter. Add diced onions and cook until translucent (about 5 minutes).
2. Add tomatoes, tomato sauce, chicken broth, Italian seasoning, olive oil, chopped garlic and basil. 3. Turn PC on high for 15 minutes (we used the meat setting at 15 minutes).
4. When done, release pressure and carefully remove lid.
5. In batches put through a blender to puree. Return to PC and turn on to warm.
6. Add heavy cream and salt & pepper.