So, this is a recipe we have made for years, but recently we decided to try this in the pressure cooker. This is a version of my favorite place to have soup and sandwiches, Zuppa's. Whenever I feel sick or just down my friend will go pick up some and bring it to me.
Wisconsin Creamy Cheesy Cauliflower Soup
2 TBS butter
1 white onion, diced
2 TSP minced garlic
¼ Cup flour
2 Cups milk
3 Cups chicken stock
2 TSP salt
1 TSP Black pepper
1 head cauliflower, coarsely chopped
3 cups shredded sharp white cheddar cheese
1 Cup half and half (optional if you like it creamier)
Green onions (optional to garnish)
Cheddar cheese (optional to garnish)
1. Turn your pressure cooker to soup for 15 minutes. Add butter. When melted, add onion and garlic and sauté until translucent (about 5 minutes).
2. Add flour and stir until well mixed (it will clump up)
3. Gradually whisk in milk.
4. Add chicken stock, salt, pepper and cauliflower. Put your pressure cooker lid on and let run it's cycle. When done, release pressure and carefully remove lid.
5. Transfer soup to a blender and puree until smooth. Return to your pressure cooker and add cheese and half and half (if you want it creamier, if not, omit the half and half) and stir until melted.
6. Serve with cheese and green onions if desired.